Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My "Who Killed Kenny?" Hat


So ... I admit, I have quite a bug for knitting. (Thanks to Liz, my enabler) I've had a couple of bugs before knitting. I had the ceramics bug. I did ceramics for years when I lived in California. My best bud and I used to make ceramics like mad women twice a week and on Saturday mornings. We took over an empty cube in our work area and set up a shop. It was nothing to make $600 to $700 around Christmas. People bought our things left and right. Pac Bell never seemed to mind so we'd come in at 8am to set our stuff out and every day at 4:30, we'd put it up.

I really liked doing ceramics but I could never find a shop once I moved. The shop had allot to do with it I think. I made friends with all the ladies at the ceramic shop and we had big fun. The shop owners were Sherm and Elly Grimm. Interesting how people with that last name cost me money, eh?

So I moved on to quilting once back in Indiana after leaving the land of the fruits and nuts. Quilting is big fun too! Again, I really liked the shop. I had fun making all sorts of things with the ladies at Rosie's shop. I was very sad when her shop closed. There isn't another quilting shop in Evansville like Rosie's. The closest shop is in Boon-Vegas and it's just not convienent to go there very often.

Now! I'm knitting. I really like it and again ... I like the Four Ladies Shop that I go to. The people are so nice and so helpful. They made me feel so welcome and encourage me to try new projects. I really enjoy knitting on Thursday evenings with Chris and the other knitting nuts and I like being in the shawl gang and the scarf gang. I'm firmly planning to join the sock gang too!

Anyway, it's so nice to "have" a shop again to go to and spend a little time doing something fun while chatting with so many nice people.

This photo is my latest project. It's my "Who Killed Kenny?" hat! I love it. It took me about 2 or 3 hours to make this hat. I did have to start over 3 or 4 times but now I've got the hang of it and I think I can whip these babies out for Christmas presents quickly.

Check out the nice pom-pom too! It's my first. I'm keeping it and I just might make a matching scarf and mittens next!

No comments: