Monday, July 9, 2007

I'm a blocker!



Block! Block! Block!

I'm such a blocker.

Don't know if I did it right, but I soaked it in the sink for 20 minutes like Liz said. I'm not sure if it "bloomed" or not. I then squished out the water and rolled it up in a towel for a couple of minutes.

I put a vinyl tablecloth ($2 Dollar Store Model) on the bed and then a beach towel down to soak up any water. I used my new handy dandy blocking kit from Four Ladies and blocked the top straight across. I just used pins on the bottom half. It's resting now under the celing fan and it's been drying for a couple of hours. It did stretch out a few inches ... which is a good thing!

Oh and Liz, you were right - the crunchiness went away!

I'm such a blocker!

Say it!

SAY IT!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your shawl! i have no idea what blocking is yet.. but the shawl looks quite beautimous. -candice

Indiana Peach said...

YOU ARE A BLOCKER!!!!!!
YOU ARE A BLOCKER!!!!!!!!

I need to become a blogger again. How do you get the time to blog and knit.

Bring all of your stuff for show and tell tomorrow... or else.